Technologies for the office
Today, it is impossible to imagine a modern office without telecommunication systems, because access to the Internet, control of access to the premises and prevention of unpleasant situations by video recording are an integral part of the effective functioning of the organization.
So, let’s briefly describe the functionality of these systems.
Structured cable system (SCS)
The productive work of any office, regardless of the field of activity, requires a local network that connects all workplaces, provides information exchange, as well as wireless Internet access for flexibility and fast communication of employees. Also, characteristic features of SCS are:
- long-term effective operation of the network without the need for modernization;
- modularity, which allows you to make changes and increase capacity without replacing the entire existing system;
- use of standard interchangeable components and materials;
- minimum management and maintenance costs.
Designing a structured cabling system requires highly qualified specialists and services of the company, able to develop and manage the project with the subsequent possibility of maintenance and reproduction of the system.
Access control and management system (ACMS)
You can be sure that clients or partners who have encountered access control and management in your office will form a good opinion of your company, because ACS not only protects your company, but also raises the company’s image, because all the world’s leading organizations pay much attention to work of this system.
For starters – what is ACS?
Access control and management system (ACMS) is a set of tools that allows you to control visits to individual premises and the facility as a whole, to record the location and time of employees in the controlled area. The ACS provides automatic access to those who have the right to do so and does not allow those who do not have the appropriate identifier. Even a person’s face can be an identifier, today there are biometric readers that recognize faces, fingerprints, and more often RFID readers are used, which read a unique code from an access card or keychain and determine whether a person has access to the room.
The access control and management system provides:
- Security. The system effectively protects the object from unauthorized intrusion by unauthorized persons, which allows to preserve material values or important information, as well as ensures the safety of personnel;
- Ability to control access for staff. The system makes it possible to track the movement of employees on the territory of the object, to take into account the time worked by each employee, to identify all possible violations of labor discipline. The ACS also has an access distribution function:
facility – available premises where the company employee has the right to stay;
time – individual schedules of visiting objects are set;
access – various access rights are assigned, for example, with limited validity.
- Improving labor efficiency. The economic benefit for the company is a direct consequence of increased work efficiency and irregular working hours.
- Raising the status of the company. Because the availability of an access control system is offered by modern corporate standards, potential partners will be able to immediately see the solidity of your company.
Video surveillance system (VIS)
In the era of the rapid development of information technology, also developing video surveillance systems, modern IP-systems that allow:
- recognize faces;
- how to view events in real-time with high resolution, so to view the recording of events from the video server of the system;
- IP camcorders work without a connection to the server and also store recorded information on a memory card and view events in real-time;
- remote control, video cameras with rotation and video recording scale;
- record information to the video server only at a certain time or in alarm mode (operation of the motion detector, etc.)
A video surveillance system is an effective way to ensure security in the office.
So what does she give?
- Crime prevention.
Practice shows that only the presence of video cameras reduces the likelihood of crime. In addition, the video surveillance system gives employees confidence that their belongings will be protected.
The system provides event recording. These footage is often used as evidence to search for criminals who were in the field of view of the cameras.
- Supervision of work.
If there is an unpleasant situation at the enterprise, video surveillance can help to determine the guilty employees.
Of course, according to the legislation of Ukraine, employees must know that the facility is under video surveillance.
- Workplace safety.
An important responsibility of an employer is to provide a safe environment for their employees.